STOCKHOLM | Stockholmia 2019
May 28 - June 2
Now this could be rather special.
Four years in the planning, Stockholmia 2019 is the event being held to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the Royal Philatelic Society London.
In the words of the RPSL, they “hope to redefine and elevate philatelic gatherings” through this landmark event.
Many of world’s foremost dealers and auctioneers will have a presence but it will very much be a gathering of top philatelists from across the globe. Most of which will, in probability, be members of the RPSL themselves.
Staying with the SS Scandinavian theme, the organising committee are pushing the boat out with a jam-packed itinerary of events. In no particular order:
- 2000 frames from exceptional collections
- Court of Honour – a surprise 12 frames from the Royal Philatelic Collection of Queen Elizabeth II
- The Golden Collection of Swedish Philately (including the Treskilling Yellow)
- The Stockholmia Library – with various activities planned around philatelic literature
- A rarity Auction hosted by the Global Philatelic Network
- Various presentations and displays, including items from the Society’s Museum Collection, a rare literature display, numerous speaker slots on a wide variety of philatelic topics, an exhibition masterclass
- A range of evening and social events
No doubt there will be more content announced nearer the event.
Definitely one for the diary.
(image copyright RPSL)